Pink Star Walk Event Rules
1 – You agree that prior to beginning training for the Pink Star Walk you have sought medical advice if you have a medical condition that may require attention.
2 – Only walking is permitted; you must not run on the course. Anyone seen doing so will be asked to leave the event.
3 – Roads will still be open to traffic; please remain on the designated route, keep to the footpaths and cross in the designated places where official marshals will be present.
4 – Walkers must always obey traffic laws and regulations. Please listen to marshals and officials if further instructions are given.
5 – Everyone who takes part must arrive at the stated start time to hear the safety briefing. Anyone who misses the safety briefing will not be allowed to walk.
6 – Walkers taking part in the Auckland or Christchurch Half Marathon distance must be over 16 years old. Anyone below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian at all times.
7 – Be courteous to all fellow walkers.
8 – The use of your name and image in photographs and on video may be used in any publication or marketing.
9 – Any walker asked to leave the Pink Star Walk will not be entitled to a refund of their ticket.
10 – If the Pink Star Walk has to be cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond control of Breast Cancer Foundation NZ you will not be entitled to a refund of your tickets or claim for any loss whatsoever.
Trafalgar Competition Terms and Conditions:
- Information on how to enter and the Prize forms part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promotion is open to New Zealand residents over the age of 18, who are registered participants in the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation’s Pink Star Walk in Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington (‘Events’) and who fundraise over $100.00 on their registered Star page hosted via www.pinkstarwalk.co.nz. Employees of the Promoter and any agency involved with this promotion, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.
- The promotion finishes at 11:59pm on 25 November 2017. All participants have until the 25th November 2017 to reach the $100.00 fundraising total on their Star fundraising page in order to be entered into the competition.
- The winner will be drawn on 28 November 2017 under the supervision of BCFNZ at [11 York Street, Parnell 1052]. The winner will be the first valid entry selected by random draw from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified by The Hits radio station via telephone. The telephone call to the winner will be recorded for the purpose of announcing the winner publically on The Hits radio station. In the event the winner does not consent to the broadcast of this telephone call, cannot be contacted within 5 days of the prize draw, or cannot accept the Prize, their prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be drawn on the same terms as the original Prize draw.
- There is one major Prize for the winning entrant. The Prize is one Trafalgar’s European Spotlight guided holiday for two people (valued at $11,000), and includes:
- a)visits six countries over twelve days;
- b) eleven nights’ accommodation for two people (twin share room);
- c) sixteen meals (11 hot buffet breakfasts and 5 dinners); and
- d) two return economy airfares from New Zealand (departure from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch) into London and out of Rome. (Airline taxes and fuel surcharges are included)). The airline used, for the return flights to Europe, will be determined by Trafalgar based on availability and fare level. The prize-winner will be bound by the airlines Conditions of Carriage.
- Additional travel expenses, including but not limited to visas, spending money, additional meals, optional excursions, insurance, transport to and from the departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges, gratuities for the Travel Director and driver and all other ancillary costs not explicitly included in the Prize are not included.
- The Prize must be booked by 14 December 2017, through the Trafalgar New Zealand office. Travel must be taken between 1 January and 18 October 2018. Departure dates are subject to availability and some blackout periods apply.
- Inclusions and conditions of the guided holiday are as per Trafalgar’s 2018 Europe & Britain brochure (available at https://www.trafalgar.com/nz/terms-and-conditions/website-terms-of-use), to be released in September 2017.
- The winner and their chosen prize participant must take all elements of the Prize at the same time. The winner and their chosen prize participant must be in possession of a passport valid for at least six months from the date of return, visas (if necessary) and travel insurance. Any changes made to the Prize by the winner or their chosen prize participant, including extending or shortening the trip, are at the winner’s expense and must be arranged by the winner through Trafalgar.
- If the winner cannot accept or take part in the Prize for any reason, their Prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
- The winner agrees that as a condition of their participation in the prize, they and their chosen prize participant may be required to execute a waiver and indemnity in the form provided by the Promoter. Failure by either the winner or their chosen travel companion to do so may result in the Prize being forfeited.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs and likeness for promotional/advertising purposes, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose. The ensuing copyright will rest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the entrants.
- The prize winner and their chosen prize participant acknowledge and agree that they will comply with all instructions given by employees of the Promoter and other agencies associated with this promotion, and agree not to do anything that may bring the Promoter into disrepute.
- The Prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
- In the event that the Prize or any part of the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, that part of the Prize will be void and no compensation will be payable. The Promoter may in its sole discretion decide to provide an alternative prize or part of the Prize.
- Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this competition will be responsible for any registrations or fundraising totals not received or included in the draw due to technical problems or human error.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award the Prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- All decisions made by the Promoter its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the promotion is not able to operate as anticipated for any reason, the Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the competition (including any prize) at any time in its sole discretion.
- Except for liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; (d) any variation in the prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- As a condition of participating in the Prize, the winner and their chosen prize participant indemnify the Promoter, all organisers, sponsors and all other persons and organisations associated in any way with this promotion against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including costs on a solicitor-client basis) which the winner or other prize participant may incur arising out of their participation in the promotion and/or participating in the Prize, howsoever caused.
- The Promoter collects and holds personal information provided by entrants for the purposes of this promotion and for future promotional purposes. This information will be shared with the Prize Provider for the purpose of facilitating the Prize. Failure to provide requested personal information may disqualify a person from being able to receive the Prize. All personal information provided by entrants will be held by the Promoter and the Prize Provider. Under the Privacy Act 1993, entrants have the right to access and correct any such personal information. Entrants may access and request correction of any of the details about them held by the Promoter by sending an email to email@example.com.
- The Promoter is Breast Cancer Foundation NZ, 11 York Street, Parnell, Auckland.
- 26. The Prize Provider is Trafalgar, 131 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland