The Christchurch Event
Here are all the details you need for the Christchurch Walk
Date: Saturday 28th October 2017
Event Arrival Time: 21km: 3.30pm, 5km: 5.45pm
Place: North Hagley Park — The Entertainment Triangle, Armagh Street
The Challenge: A half marathon!
Join us under the stars for a night to remember starting and finishing in Hagley Park.
The Pink Star Walk will be like no other so dig out your pinkest and brightest outfit and join thousands of people across the country as we get fit, increase awareness of breast cancer and raise money to support NZ women.
The half marathon is strictly over 18’s only so if you’d like to get the family involved we’ve included a 5km option which stays within Hagley Park.
Half marathon distance (only open to those aged 18 or over)
Adult earlybird (before September 1st): $60
Adult (from September 1st): $65
Adult earlybird (before September 1st): $35
Adult (from September 1st): $40
Youth (6-16) earlybird: $20
Youth (6-16): $25
Children (5 and under): Free
The cost of your ticket covers the cost of the walk, and a small donation; in order to make a real difference we’re asking all walkers to consider going the extra mile and fundraising. We need YOU to be a STAR! Don’t worry, it’s super easy to fundraise and you’ll be guided through the process at the end of your registration.
If you raise just $250 we can fund three counselling sessions for two women recovering from or living with breast cancer.
What does my entry fee cover?
- A walker number (your ticket to the event)
- Entertainment after the walk
- Water stations (although we do recommend you bring your own too)
- Online fundraising page and fundraising tips
- Training plan (for half marathon only)
- A finishers medal (for half marathon only)
- Memories to treasure forever!
Christchurch FAQ Questions:
- What time does the Christchurch 21km walk start?
The 21km walk starts at 4.15pm but we advise the 21km walker to arrive at 3.30pm for the welcome and health and safety briefing. We also have pre and post event entertainment and food available for the whole family.
- What time does the Christchurch 5km walk start?
The 5km walk starts at 6.30pm, but we advise walkers to arrive at 5.45pm for the welcome and health and safety briefing. We also have pre and post event entertainment and food available for the whole family.
- I registered for the Christchurch Pink Star Walk last month and I still haven’t received my walker pack?
The walker packs were sent out on the 18th of October, you should arrive to you sometime this week. If you do not receive a walker pack in time, you can pick one up at the registration tent before the walk.
- I have just registered for the Christchurch event, will I receive my walker pack in time before the walk?
Unfortunately we have already sent out the walker packs, but you can pick up a new walker pack on the day of the event at the registration tent.
- Do I need to print my receipt as my ticket to the walk?
Your ticket to the walk is you walker number in your walker pack. If you do not receive you walker pack before the event, you can pick one up at the registration tent on the day of the walk.
- When does registrations close?
Registrations close at 3pm the Friday before the event. However we will be taking registrations on the day and will be taking Eftpos and cash.
- Is there any free stuff at the event?
Yes, we are supplying free water, a sausage sizzle and ponchos in case of any rain!
If you have any questions please refer to our FAQ page here